Discover A Mentor is the solution you’re looking for
Imagine this: You’re looking for a Mentor, that “coach of a lifetime” the unmistakable person ready to be there in your corner, right when you need them.
You’re a business leader responsible for building a succession planning process, the one chosen to foster emerging leaders.
Then you learn about a company offering Mentors and opportunities to learn and engage, all in a low-risk, intuitive way. And before you know it, you’re part of the community, develop more and faster than you thought possible.
Sound Far fetched? Hardly. Built by Mentors and business leaders, Discover A Mentor is the Mentor/Protégé video conferencing platform that provides seamless intentional pairings, intuitive engagement and simple, secure payment. We provide matches that our partner companies trust, in an environment Mentors value being part of and where Protégés excel. Combined with our exclusive Pathfinder Protocol, we bring together a culture of mutual trust, focused improvement and quantifiable results.
If you’re in the market for a Mentor, we can help you make the best connection.
As an emerging leader, your specific development needs take center stage. Mentors are intentionally matched to specifically help you achieve your goals.
If succession planning, development of high potentials, or employee disengagements are challenges you face. If you’re in the market for Mentors or if your current mentoring program isn’t delivering the results you need, we can help.
Discover a Mentor: Professionals at your service.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A PROTÉGÉ?
If you are interested in finding a Mentor to grow in your career, or to help as you navigate a new role, we are the solution. If you are ready to be challenged and you’re not afraid to be honest- even vulnerable- we can help. There are many options available for professionals today to learn a skill today, but if you're looking for a development partner who provides one-on-one interaction, that right person in your corner that provides a sounding board and helps you be a better critical thinker, then sign-up today and let's get started.
WILL THERE BE A MATCH FOR ME?
Finding the best match for Protégés has never been easier. At Discover A Mentor we've developed a proprietary process that is simple and secure. Key features of what makes Discover A Mentor unique and better include:
- A global network of Mentors with a wide variety of experience and industry knowledge.
- Finding the best match is simple and intuitive with our built-in proprietary matching process.
- Getting matched is low risk because long term commitments are not required.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
There are a few key factors that will determine the cost. We have divided mentoring levels into 4 tiers, each with a per hour price range. Discount considerations are available based on quantity and/or time commitments. Session ranges are currently set between $65-$350 per hour (in USD).
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A MENTOR?
We always work to provide the best options for companies and their protégés searching for a Mentor. That’s why we've invited and enrolled experts from diverse backgrounds and industries for our Mentoring community. Regardless of your current level of experience, we can connect you with Protégés who are looking for a Mentor with your skills and knowledge. Self-nominate, tell us a little about yourself and then view our short Mentor Orientation presentation. It's that simple.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A MENTOR?
Sharpen your skills, challenge your status quo and earn extra income by connecting with Protégés looking for your expertise. Give back to people who will value your knowledge and commitment.
How much do mentors earn?
Consistent with how Protégés pay, mentors are classified into tiers. The higher the tier, the higher the cost per session. Mentors are able to earn as much as 85% of the revenue they generate through mentoring sessions.
WHAT MAKES DISCOVER A MENTOR "LOW RISK" AND "SAFE"?
As a videoconferencing platform, Discover A Mentor sessions are hosted exclusively online, there is no need to worry about being asked to meet in unfamiliar locations. We also provide an additional layer of security by requiring all our Mentors to go through a thorough vetting process. Our Mentors also agree to and are held to a strict code of ethics. If at any point Mentors or Protégés feel uncomfortable, the solution is as easy as ending your session and getting in touch with us to report your concern. At Discover A Mentor your comfort, safety and peace of mind is our utmost concern.
Finding someone you can TRUST
To successfully forge a strong and meaningful bond with a Mentor there needs to be trust. Our Mentor's key responsibilities are:
- Be honest, respectful and trustworthy with your Protégés - which means be honest, show up on time and be kind and respectful and maintain confidences.
- Privacy. You have our commitment that what is discussed between Mentors and Protégés WILL NOT be shared with us or your company. Mentors will only share information as it pertains to your development plan.
- Stay on task. Protégés will have development plans and goals, it is your responsibility as the Protégé and your Mentor's responsibility as your coach to maintain focus.
Best Partner Available
Mentors are available from a large and ever-growing group. The likelihood of finding the right match for you is much higher than with traditional consulting agencies. No more needing to match round pegs with square holes.
Best of all, you will not be required to make long-term commitments, and there is no need for large retainer fees.
HOW ARE SKILLS OF THE MENTOR MATCHED WITH THE NEEDS OF THE PROTÉGÉ?
Matches are made over 4 criteria:
- Industry: Which industries are the Mentor familiar with, matched to what industries are important to the Protégé?
- Formal skills, qualifications: What skills and/or qualifications do the Mentor have to share? They are then matched to skills and qualifications the Protégé is seeking to learn.
- Interpersonal skills, behaviors: Is patience the attribute most prized by the Protégé? Or is it candor? In the one-on-one arena of Mentoring interpersonal skills are important. This matching criteria helps bring together people to meet in ways that best suit their wants and needs from a behavioral standpoint.
- Personality attribution- Some people communicate better when they know they’re being listened to, others prefer to be challenged and pushed. And sometimes what we like needs to take a backseat to what is needed. The young student doesn’t start the school year wanting a math teacher that is stern and strict, but oftentimes it’s what was needed.