It’s your chance, take action
Connect with emerging leaders as Protégés who are looking for a Mentor with your experience and industry knowledge.
Forged under pressure, you’ve been there, you’ve proven yourself while honing the skills. Now you’re ready to share.
Provide guidance and grow your reputation as a mentor. Be a resource and inspiration to others.
Bring together what you’ve learned, your insights and experiences. Use Discover A Mentor to build your business.
Ready to become a Mentor?
You may have a traditional set of skills. You’ve come up through the ranks as a line supervisor, got promoted to manager and then were tapped on the shoulder and promoted to director. Or your path may be more specialized, wherein you’ve become deeply skilled within a specific set of tools. Or maybe it’s a little bit of both. Whatever path has led you here, at Discover a Mentor, we’re interested in connecting companies and their Protégés with strong, trustworthy and highly capable Mentors. Our goal is to provide the best options for everyone.
We’re interested in learning more about you. Just click on the button below to self-nominate.
Which level Mentor are you?
To ensure the quality and effectiveness of our services, we have created a level-based system. That way, you can self-nominate where your skills, knowledge and experiences are optimally benefitial for the Protégés, making you more relevant to them.
Mentor Level 1
Mentors who can help Protégées on their first steps to advance towards being a manager in a company.
Mentor Level 2
Mentors who have had experience as directors or senior managers and can council managers to grow.
Mentor Level 3
Mentors who have been staff level leaders, and are wise enough to provide assessment to directors.
Mentor Level 4
Level 4 Mentors are those with enough experience and knowledge that they are ready to provide guidance and collaboration to highly positioned executives.
The Benefits of Being a Mentor
We’re looking forward to helping you make connections, make an impact, and make a difference with Protégés who will trust your perspective and greatly value your contribution.
Mentoring is also a great way to supplement your income.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A PROTÉGÉ?
If you are interested in finding a Mentor to grow in your career, or to help as you navigate a new role, we are the solution. If you are ready to be challenged and you’re not afraid to be honest- even vulnerable- we can help. There are many options available for professionals today to learn a skill today, but if you're looking for a development partner who provides one-on-one interaction, that right person in your corner that provides a sounding board and helps you be a better critical thinker, then sign-up today and let's get started.
WILL THERE BE A MATCH FOR ME?
Finding the best match for Protégés has never been easier. At Discover A Mentor we've developed a proprietary process that is simple and secure. Key features of what makes Discover A Mentor unique and better include:
- A global network of Mentors with a wide variety of experience and industry knowledge.
- Finding the best match is simple and intuitive with our built-in proprietary matching process.
- Getting matched is low risk because long term commitments are not required.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
There are a few key factors that will determine the cost. We have divided mentoring levels into 4 tiers, each with a per hour price range. Discount considerations are available based on quantity and/or time commitments. Session ranges are currently set between $65-$350 per hour (in USD).
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A MENTOR?
We always work to provide the best options for companies and their protégés searching for a Mentor. That’s why we've invited and enrolled experts from diverse backgrounds and industries for our Mentoring community. Regardless of your current level of experience, we can connect you with Protégés who are looking for a Mentor with your skills and knowledge. Self-nominate, tell us a little about yourself and then view our short Mentor Orientation presentation. It's that simple.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING A MENTOR?
Sharpen your skills, challenge your status quo and earn extra income by connecting with Protégés looking for your expertise. Give back to people who will value your knowledge and commitment.
How much do mentors earn?
Consistent with how Protégés pay, mentors are classified into tiers. The higher the tier, the higher the cost per session. Mentors are able to earn as much as 85% of the revenue they generate through mentoring sessions.
WHAT MAKES DISCOVER A MENTOR "LOW RISK" AND "SAFE"?
As a videoconferencing platform, Discover A Mentor sessions are hosted exclusively online, there is no need to worry about being asked to meet in unfamiliar locations. We also provide an additional layer of security by requiring all our Mentors to go through a thorough vetting process. Our Mentors also agree to and are held to a strict code of ethics. If at any point Mentors or Protégés feel uncomfortable, the solution is as easy as ending your session and getting in touch with us to report your concern. At Discover A Mentor your comfort, safety and peace of mind is our utmost concern.
Finding someone you can TRUST
To successfully forge a strong and meaningful bond with a Mentor there needs to be trust. Our Mentor's key responsibilities are:
- Be honest, respectful and trustworthy with your Protégés - which means be honest, show up on time and be kind and respectful and maintain confidences.
- Privacy. You have our commitment that what is discussed between Mentors and Protégés WILL NOT be shared with us or your company. Mentors will only share information as it pertains to your development plan.
- Stay on task. Protégés will have development plans and goals, it is your responsibility as the Protégé and your Mentor's responsibility as your coach to maintain focus.
Best Partner Available
Mentors are available from a large and ever-growing group. The likelihood of finding the right match for you is much higher than with traditional consulting agencies. No more needing to match round pegs with square holes.
Best of all, you will not be required to make long-term commitments, and there is no need for large retainer fees.
HOW ARE SKILLS OF THE MENTOR MATCHED WITH THE NEEDS OF THE PROTÉGÉ?
Matches are made over 4 criteria:
- Industry: Which industries are the Mentor familiar with, matched to what industries are important to the Protégé?
- Formal skills, qualifications: What skills and/or qualifications do the Mentor have to share? They are then matched to skills and qualifications the Protégé is seeking to learn.
- Interpersonal skills, behaviors: Is patience the attribute most prized by the Protégé? Or is it candor? In the one-on-one arena of Mentoring interpersonal skills are important. This matching criteria helps bring together people to meet in ways that best suit their wants and needs from a behavioral standpoint.
- Personality attribution- Some people communicate better when they know they’re being listened to, others prefer to be challenged and pushed. And sometimes what we like needs to take a backseat to what is needed. The young student doesn’t start the school year wanting a math teacher that is stern and strict, but oftentimes it’s what was needed.